Your health, safety and comfort remain our top priority.
Please do not travel to Wells Touring Park if you, or any other member of your party, have any COVID-19 symptoms.
The park’s showers and WC’s will be open for guests who want to use them from the 17th May 2021, however we would encourage you to use your own facilities during this unprecedented time.
As a condition of re-opening, the park is required to adopt all the applicable recommendations made by the Government’s taskforce for recreation, leisure, and tourism. These include:
- Contactless Check-in is available
- Social distancing measures being observed throughout the park at all times.
- Only people in your household or bubble are permitted in your accommodation.
- Additional cleaning regimes. These are likely to restrict use of some facilities during specific periods.
- Visitors are not permitted to enter the Caravan Park if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
First buses into Wells are operating normally. You will be required to provide and wear facemasks on public transport. Wearing a mask is also a requirement when visiting shops and other public places.
We will do our best to keep you up to date with what is happening on the park and the opening of visitor attractions. We suggest you follow our Facebook link where we will be sharing additional information.
Book with confidence:
About 28 days before arrival, you will receive a balance reminder. Balances should be paid before arrival to limit cash handling. This applies to all guests and will mean that check in can be contactless to protect guests and staff.
- Please call at least 24 hours before arrival, to receive your check-in information. Please look at the park map so you know where to go on arrival.
- You can now download a welcome brochure / Park Map / Maps of the surrounding Cities/ Towns / Tourist information / Take away menus / places to visit.
- You will be asked to confirm that you don’t have any of the known symptoms of Covid19. Please, please do not come if there is any chance you may have the virus.
Arrivals procedures ~ touring
- Arrive at entrance as usual
- Pull up to the barrier and enter the code. Please disinfect your hands first. Barrier code will be given to you when you check-in 24 hours before.
- Call our reception team 01749 676869 if you have any problems.
Arrivals procedures – cottages/ lodges
- Cottages/ lodges arrivals times will change to 3pm. This will enable more time for thorough cleaning and disinfection procedures between guests. If you do arrive before this time, we will ask you to wait in your vehicle in the car park, until your accommodation is ready.
- Please walk around to reception and follow the signage provided.
Changes to cottage and lodge accommodation
- Bedding ~ to reduce the risk of potential infection, we strongly recommend that guests bring their own bedding. Please call in advance so we can tell you what size sheets to bring.
- We kindly ask to strip the beds and place bedding in the labelled black bin provided. This helps reduce handling for our cleaning staff.
- Some non-essential items will be removed. All essentials will remain.
All guests are requested to leave windows open (weather permitting). On departure, please confirm whether any of your party are experiencing symptoms of the virus.
What we are doing to reduce the spread of infection
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning regime
- Sanitiser stations all around the park
- Measures to reduce as much person to person contact as possible
- Removal of non-essential items to reduce spread
- Cottage and Lodge accommodation disinfected between guests
- Additional signage to remind guests to respect social distancing at all times
What guests can do
- Enjoy their caravan/motorhome/ accommodation and the area of their pitch and around the park
- Walk freely on the park, at all times observing social distance from other park users and staff
- Bring soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll, disinfectant, hand sanitiser, tea towels (cottages/ lodges) – just to be on the safe side
- Use our food takeaway services found on the website.
- Talk to any of our park team but always observe social distance
- Please, at all times, show consideration and respect for our local community and observe social distancing at all times
Please do not
- Meet or gather with friends in a social group, in line with current government guidelines
- Invite or entertain visitors from outside the park
- Allow people from outside your household into your accommodation in line with current government guidelines
On departure, please (cottages/ lodges):
- Leave windows open on the latch (unless it is very windy / rainy)
- Place sheets, pillowcases and duvet covers in the bin provided
- Drop your key back into reception
- Inform us if you are experiencing symptoms when you return home so that we can take any necessary steps
- Please do not visit us if you or any member of your household have Covid19 symptoms
- Please respect social distance in all contacts inside and outside the park
- Please show consideration to our local community. Local relationships are important to us and some are understandably apprehensive about the potential impacts of returning visitors
- Your accommodation should only be used by members from the same household
- No social gatherings of more than the current recommended number
- No visitors will be allowed access to the park at any time, until further notice in line with current government guidelines to all parks
- Our team are our most precious asset, without them the park will need to close, so please do refrain from prolonged interactions, so that everyone can feel safe and remain healthy
- If you feel unwell at any time, with symptoms of Covid19, you must leave the park immediately, without interacting with anyone else. You should then contact the park as soon as possible to let us know. Please follow the clear government guidance procedure
Changes to facilities on offer
At the time of writing:
- Toilets and showers – they will be open from the 17th May 2021. We strongly recommend you use your own facilities to reduce the spread of Covid19. Please always follow signage, observe social distancing and use sanitizer on the way in and out
- Dishwashing – They will be open with social distancing measures
- Dog shower will be available
- Washing machines / Dryers – They will be open from the 17th May 2021, please follow social distancing measures and use disinfect spray provided to clean coin operation
- Tourist information / games room / book exchange phone box – closed until further notice
- Reception – please follow signage and wash your hands before entering
- Reception open for bookings and essential enquiries only. Hours may be reduced.
- Reception could possibly be closed at other times dependent on staffing requirements
- Online bookings are suggested. Or if you have lots of bookings, please email your enquiries to [email protected]
- Other enquiries to be made by telephone or email
- Shop – please arrive with your essentials as the shop will be closed until further notice
- Takeaway food services – some will be available
- The Lounge Café/ Bar – Open but times may vary. We will be offering a takeaway service. Outside seating available 2 meters apart or enjoy in your caravan/ motorhome/ cottage/ lodge. Please follow signage and the one-way system and observe social distancing